What is sustainable plastic packaging?
- It is beneficial, safe and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its lifecycle
- It meets market criteria for performance and cost
- It is sourced, manufactured, transported and recycled using renewable energy
- It optimises the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- It is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- It is made from materials healthy in all probable end-of-life scenarios
- It is physically designed to optimise materials and energy
- It is effectively recovered and utilised in biological and/or industrial closed-loop cycles.